STAND WITH WENDELL FOREST PROTECTORS NOW! We need your support. Come hold signs NOW. share widely!
9-4pm Today 8-7, through Saturday. Wendell State Forest Headquarters, 392 Montague Road, Wendell. (GPS might say 392 Montague Road, Millers Falls – that works too). Join our action list at email@example.com
Your support for our cause has been outstanding. And despite the fact that our Senator Comerford received over 100 letters and calls from you (such a great response extremely unusual – usually they receive one or two letters), DCR is still insisting on logging our forest, despite multiple laws, stated policies and procedures, that require them to place this forest in Reerve Status. The loggers are in our forest. We are still working to stop this. And we need a physial show of support at the Wendell State Forest
Please come hold signs at Wendell State Forest Headquarters and at by the road at the logging entrance. Stand in support of the Wendell State Forest Protectors at Wendell State Forest. Hold a sign. Signs available or make your own. You can stand in support of the forest protectors who are getting arrested. Please come now. It is not necessary to risk arrest. You can still stand in support of those who are willing to risk arrest. Two forest protectors were arrested yesterday, while standing in peaceful constitutionally protected protest in front of the logging entrance on a public way. This is our constitutional protected right to peacefully protest about the taking of our forestd against our will.
Thank You For All Your Outstanding Support
~Save Brook Rd Forest Team
Wendell State Forest Alliance Code of conduct:
1. Our attitude will be one of openness and respect toward all we encounter in our actions.
2. We make our decisions through respectful dialogue with the goal of finding common ground by submitting one’s best thinking, knowing that other people’s reflections will help improve it and assuming that many people have pieces of the answer and that together they can put them into a workable solution.
3. We will use no violence, verbal or physical, toward any person.
3. We will not harm anyone and we will not retaliate in reaction to violence.
4. We will not carry weapons.
5. We will neither be under the influence nor bring any non-prescribed drugs or alcohol.
6. During direct action events, it is best not to bring dogs nor other animals, except for service animals.
7. We will not run nor make any motions that can be misinterpreted by law enforcement as threatening.
8. In case of confrontation, we will seek to de-escalate.
9. We affirm that people’s lives and safety are more important than property. We will engage in actions that do not include property destruction.
10. We ask that all participants in actions intending to risk arrest receive preparation in nonviolent direct action or partner and follow the lead of someone who has received such preparation.
12. We support a diversity of non-violent direct action including, but not limited to, civil disobedience.
13. We will uphold the code of conduct and action agreements while participating in actions with Wendell State Forest Alliance